Sean E. Summers
Office: (717) 812 - 8101
35 South Duke Street
York, PA 17401
Sean Summers is a founding shareholder of Summers Nagy and serves as the firms General Counsel. He helps clients resolve business disputes, claims and cases of all types. He has tried to verdict more than 70 cases in a variety of different venues. Sean has litigated numerous "bet the company" and other high-stakes law suits for businesses.
Sean has received national recognition for his efforts on behalf of clients, and has appeared on such televisions programs as The Today Show, Good Morning America, Larry King Live, and The O'Reilly Factor among other national, regional and local media appearances and mentions. In addition, he was chosen as one of only 35 "Lawyers on the Fast Track 2008" by Pennsylvania Lawyers Weekly magazine. Sean is Peer Review Rated AV by Martindale Hubbell, the highest possible rating. Additionally, Sean is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum which is limited to attorneys that have acted as principal counsel in a case resulting in his or her client receiving in excess of two million dollars.
Prior to forming Summers Nagy, Sean worked at a mid-sized regional law firm for nearly a decade and was a partner in its litigation practice group.
Before that, Sean worked as a prosecutor with the U. S. Army JAG Corps. As a prosecutor, Sean prosecuted all types of crimes. One of his successful murder convictions resulted in a book titled "The Officer's Wife", by Michael Freeman and was subsequently produced as a show on NBC's Dateline. He currently carries the rank of Major in the Army Reserve, having served at numerous locations and in Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom. He was awarded the Bronze Star for his service in Afghanistan and previously served as the State Judge Advocate for the Pennsylvania Veterans of Foreign Wars. Prior to law school, Sean served in the U.S. Army as an Airborne Ranger and he was assigned to the Army's elite 75th Ranger Regiment.
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Regis University, B.S. in Accounting
- Pennsylvania Veterans of Foreign Wars State Judge Advocate (2007-2009)
- Greater Harrisburg Area Chamber of Commerce; Military Liaison Committee
- York County Chamber of Commerce; Pro Business Council, former member
- United Way; account executive, former member
- Kid's First Campaign; volunteer
- Leadership York; board member and graduate
- York County Economic Alliance (Chamber of Commerce)
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer (2012)
- Pennsylvania Rising Star (2008)
- Unsung Hero for pro bono work by the Legal Intelligencer (2010)
- Appellate Lawyer of the Week by the National Law Journal (2010)
- Member of Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum (2011)
- Robert I. Shadle Legal Excellence and Professionalism Award, presented by the Herbert B. Cohen Chapter of the American Inns of Court (2011)
- Distinguished Service Award from the Pennsylvania American Legion (2011)
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Military Appeals